To begin the new summer school semester, we gave a pre-test on Monday to see where our students are at academically.
On the objective I had to teach for Tuesday, students averaged 13% on the the pre-test. After my lesson, students mastered the concept with a 91% average… My goal for the students was to reach 90%, so, we mastered it… and then some.
Today, I taught word problems involving two-step equations. This didn’t go too well. The lesson went slowly and while I tried to be engaging, the mastery was less than rosy. I need more checks for understanding…. I’m preparing a review of the problems for Friday. Word problems are the bane of my existence…
I’ll update Friday on my results.